- Desiree Powell,
Cleveland Metropolitan School District,
Class of 2016
- Cindy Lombardo,
Cleveland Public Library, Class of 2015
- Frank Ritzert,
NASA Glenn Research Center, Class of 2010
Spero-Smith Investment Advisors, Class of 2005
- Peggy Mikes
Huntington Bank, Class of 2005
- Tania Younkin Energizer, Class of 2006
LeadDIVERSITY is a 10 month program that approaches diversity, equity, inclusion, and leadership issues from a no-fault interactive foundation with the goal of affecting positive social change. A select group of up to 30 professionals are chosen through a competitive application process. The Class of 2021 will meet virtually two times per month for half day sessions September to June and will include live online sessions, discussion boards, seminars, simulations, personal reflection, discussions with Northeast Ohio’s prominent leaders, in-depth facilitated group activities and discussion and online program evaluation. Each session is designed to help participants explore the concepts of diversity, equity, inclusion and leadership and to analyze its personal, workplace, and community impact.
LeadDIVERSITY studies personal impact on and institutional approaches to diversity, equity, and inclusion issues. Emphasis is placed squarely on WHY diversity, equity, and inclusion issues are critical to progress and what participants can do to facilitate positive change.
- A greater awareness of personal identity as well as the impact of in-group and out-group dynamics.
- An expanded knowledge of local experts, organizations, and resources.
- A tool kit for addressing issues of diversity, inclusion, and equity in personal and professional settings.
- An ability to be an advocate for diversity and inclusion.
- Employees with an increased understanding of the connection between inclusion and organizational success.
- Employees with enhanced organizational leadership skills and a vision for the future.
- An organizational diversity, equity, and inclusion assessment and action plan.
Application and Selectivity
Each LeadDIVERSITY class of up to 30 individuals is selected through a competitive application process. The selection committee seeks applicants with proven leadership skills who have exhibited a strong community commitment. Please view the brochure and application below to learn more about the program and to see the 2020-2021 LeadDIVERSITY schedule.
Applications are due Tuesday, August 4, 2020.
If you have questions, please contact Jessica A. Daigler, Director of LeadDIVERSITY at firstname.lastname@example.org