Position Title: Program Associate
Department: Program Department, School and Youth
The Diversity Center of Northeast Ohio is a human relations organization dedicated to eliminating bias, bigotry, and racism. Founded in 1927 as the National Conference of Christians and Jews (NCCJ), The Diversity Center is currently a member of the National Federation for Just Communities, a network of 20 like-minded organizations across the country. The Diversity Center is committed to building communities where all people are connected, respected, and valued.
Primary Purpose/Job Summary:
The Program Associate will serve as a representative of The Diversity Center, enhancing its presence and reputation as a primary community resource in the area of diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice. This position will focus on the facilitation of Diversity Center programs for students grades K-12. This position will work closely with other program staff to enhance the quality and impact of Diversity Center programs. As a skilled facilitator, the Program Associate will assist with the development of inclusive and equitable environments, where all feel connected, appreciated, respected, and valued for their individual and collective differences.
Responsibilities & Duties/Essential Job Functions:
- Facilitation of Diversity Center workshops
- Specialization in student programming
- Support curriculum research, design and development of workshops and content for events
- Support the Development Department and Program Coordinator by fulfilling requirements for grant funded programs, as needed
- Participate in informational meetings aimed at diagnosing diversity related issues within organizations and schools, and customize workshops to fit identified needs
- Maintain records of all participant and program outcome data
- Collect, input, and analyze evaluation data using SPSS
- Participate in community events, networking events, panels, committees, and round tables
- Support client engagement activities
- Support internal training efforts, as needed
- Support the Chief Program Officer and Program Coordinator in the implementation and completion of initiatives by participating in all phases of the consulting process, as needed
- Attend and support special events and projects, as needed
- Identify and develop an area of expertise within the field of diversity, equity, and inclusion in school settings
- Passion for the mission and values of The Diversity Center
- Minimum education: Bachelor’s degree
- 3 years of experience facilitating workshops and training sessions with youth on a related topic may be substituted for a college degree
- At least two years of experience facilitating programs/workshops/training sessions
- Graduate degree may be substituted for up to one year of experience
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work successfully with individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize, organize & multitask many different elements of the job at once
- Ability to function independently and as a part of team
- Strong networking and relationship building skills
- Flexibility to work some evenings/weekends with moderate travel
- Must have car, valid license, and current insurance coverage
- Advanced graduate degrees in a related field preferred
- Related degrees/fields of study include, but are not limited to: psychology, sociology, education, diversity/multicultural studies, business, etc.
- Curriculum research and design experience
- Self-starter with an ability to conceive, develop, and complete tasks with minimal supervision
Please upload your resume and cover letter to the Indeed application link below.
STATEMENT OF POLICY
The Diversity Center of Northeast Ohio will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, gender, color, disability, national origin, religion, creed, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran status, citizenship, or authorized alien status.
We often have internship positions available. Not all are paid positions, but some are. Internships may be full or part-time and we try to work with the student’s schedule.
The Diversity Center of Northeast Ohio is an Equal Opportunity Employer