LeadDIVERSITY is a 10 month program that approaches diversity and leadership issues from a no-fault interactive foundation with the goal of affecting positive social change. A select group of up to 35 professionals are chosen through a competitive application process. The class meets approximately once per month from September to June to visit locations and organizations around Northeast Ohio to engage with regional leaders in the corporate, non-profit, and civic arenas. Each session is designed to help participants explore the concept of diversity leadership and to analyze its personal, workplace, and community impact.
Each LeadDIVERSITY class studies personal impact on and institutional approaches to diversity issues. Emphasis is placed squarely on WHY diversity issues are critical to progress and what participants can do to facilitate positive change.
- A greater awareness of personal identity as well as the impact of in-group and out-group dynamics.
- An expanded knowledge of local experts, organizations, and resources.
- A tool kit for addressing issues of diversity in personal and professional settings.
- An ability to be an advocate for diversity and inclusion.
- An increased pool of involved and educated diversity leaders.
- Employees with an advanced understanding of the connection between inclusion and organizational success.
- Employees with enhanced organizational leadership skills and a vision for the future.
Application and Selectivity
Each LeadDIVERSITY class of up to 40 individuals is selected through a competitive application process. The selection committee seeks applicants with proven leadership skills who have exhibited a strong community commitment. Please view the brochure and application below to learn more about the program and to see the 2019-2020 LeadDIVERSITY schedule.
If you have questions, please contact Jessica A. Daigler, Director of LeadDIVERSITY at firstname.lastname@example.org