Manager of Marketing, Communications and Graphic Design
The Diversity Center of Northeast Ohio was founded in 1927 as The National Conference of Christians and Jews (NCCJ) as a human relations organization dedicated to eliminating bias, bigotry, and racism in America. The Diversity Center’s vision is to create communities where all people are connected, respected, and valued. The Diversity Center is a member of the National Federation for Just Communities.
The manager will serve as a representative of The Diversity Center, enhancing its presence and reputation as a primary community resource in the area of diversity and inclusion. The Manager of Marketing, Communications and Graphic Design will set and guide the strategy, design, and creation, and implement organizational, program, and special event marketing and campaigns for all communications, website, and public relations messages and collateral to consistently articulate the mission of The Diversity Center of Northeast Ohio. This position will ensure that The Diversity Center of Northeast Ohio is viewed as the primary source, disseminator, and conduit of information within its diverse network and constituent base.
The position will lead branding, marketing and public relations; plan and create material that will enhance the public image of The Diversity Center to ensure active, consistent and meaningful communications on a day-today basis with child advocates and community organizations through online and print communications.
The manager must be an excellent writer and give exceptional attention to detail. It is critical that he/she understand the importance of targeting communications, including how to write for a specific audience and select the most effective communications medium. The person must also understand the importance of consistency in communications – in her/his writing and design and that of DCNEO staff. To continuously improve our communications, the manager must routinely review and evaluate analytics available through our electronic media and support other evaluation techniques such as on-line surveys. The person must be committed to staying current on the research and new uses of communications technologies and software and should feel responsible for recommending new strategies and applications to the CEO and staff.
- Responsible for overall branding, graphic design, copy writing, PR and communications
- Develop strategies and tactics to generate awareness of The Diversity Center and drive new business
- Deploy successful marketing campaigns and own their implementation from ideation to execution
- Work closely with program directors and staff to create marketing collateral materials (digital and print), including brochures, flyers, invitations
- Produce valuable and engaging content for our website and printed marketing materials that attracts our target groups
- Execute overall website maintenance, content updates, and SEO to maximize volume of inbound organic traffic from search engines
- Responsible for event outreach including direct mail campaigns, save the date cards, invitations, e-blasts, social media, press releases, and print advertisements
- Write and distribute all press releases
- Oversee and edit/approve print and collateral material work generated by staff that will be seen outside DCNEO
- Manage our social media presence on facebook, twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and other social media platforms.
- Co-facilitate the production of the tribute book for the annual Humanitarian Award Dinner.
- Assist with Humanitarian Award Dinner, annual Walk Rock and Run, and other special events/programs
Efficient in the following programs:
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe InDesign
- Constant Contact
- Donor Perfect database
- Google Analytics
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Microsoft Publisher
- Power Point
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree, preferably in graphic design, communications, mass media, or related field
- At least three years of work experience and demonstrated success in a communications role that includes social media, graphic design, and production
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, including the ability to write for a variety of audiences and communications mediums
- Excellent organizational skills, able to multi-task and set priorities, and comfortable with asking for help or reconsideration of priorities
- Able to regularly measure and evaluate communications using Google Analytics, Facebook Insights and Google Alerts
- Extremely detail oriented and comfortable developing and/or working with project plans/timelines
- Flexible and able to work effectively under pressure and deadlines
- Tech savvy and strong problem-solving skills
- Experience working with a website content management system (experience using WordPress a plus)
- Experience working with an email marketing system (experience using Salsa a plus)
- Experience using social media, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube
- Proven print collateral design experience (preferably using an Adobe Creative Suite program)
- Creative and resourceful
- Able to work collaboratively with vendors, consultants, and DCNEO staff and board
- Media relations experience, including writing press releases and statements, building media lists, and collecting media mentions
- Personal flexibility for after-hours meetings, deadline demands, and travel
- Excellent interpersonal skills—ability to work successfully with individuals of all backgrounds and in a team environment
- Passion for working with traditionally marginalized groups (people of color, women, youth, etc.)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Optimistic personality with the willingness to share ideas and receive constructive feedback in a positive manner
- Self-starter with an ability to conceive, develop, and complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Results driven, tenacious and aggressive towards consistently exceeding expectations
- Ability to function independently while being a team player across multiple departments
- Ability to prioritize, organize & multitask many different elements of the job at once
- Strong sense of thinking outside of the box in dealing with difficult situations
- Flexibility to work some evenings/weekends including local travel
- Must have car, valid license and current insurance coverage
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day to day.
Salary commensurate with experience. This is a part-time position up to 29 hours per week. It is anticipated that the position will become full-time in the fall of 2017.
Please send resume, bio and include a detailed cover letter mentioning salary expectations and three design pieces to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm, April 21, 2017. Please include Manager of Marketing, Communications and Graphic Design in the subject line.
STATEMENT OF POLICY
The Diversity Center of Northeast Ohio will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, gender, color, disability, national origin, religion, creed, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran status, citizenship, or authorized alien status.
We often have internship positions available. Not all are paid positions, but some are. Internships may be full or part-time and we try to work with the student’s schedule.
The Diversity Center of Northeast Ohio is an Equal Opportunity Employer